WSKZ’s “Ultimate Outdoorsman 2017” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WSKZ (“Station”),owned and operated by Cumulus Radio Corp., 821 Pineville Rd., Chattanooga TN 37405, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KZ106 “Ultimate Outdoorsman” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01am ET on October 2, 2017 and will run through11:59pm ET on November 3, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
4. How to Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Contest once you complete one of the following:
(i) On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays from 10:00am – 7:00pm during the Contest Period. When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder (John-Boy’s Call of the Wild), listeners should call the Station at 423-642-9106. Caller ten (10)to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered to win. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
(ii) Remote Broadcast: Attend a remote broadcast conducted by that Station and complete an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person per remote broadcast. All entries must be received by the deadline stated at the remote broadcast.
(iii) Sponsor Locations: Visit the sponsor locations and complete an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person per remote broadcast. Griffith Cycle, 4704 Dodds Ave., Chatt., TN 37407 ; Sportsman’s Warehouse, 6241 Perimeter Dr., Chattanooga TN 37421 ;
5. Winner Selection. You MUST be present to win. The Grand Prize Giveaway will take place on Saturday, November 11, 2017 from 11:00am-1:00pm at Sportsman’s Warehouse (6241 Perimeter Drive, Chattanooga TN 37421). All eligible qualifiers must register in with KZ106 personnel between 11:00am-12:00pm on the date of the Grand Prize Giveaway. Qualifiers not registered with KZ106 personnel by 12:00pm will be disqualified. Upon registration, each Qualifier will be issued a number in the order in which they register. This number will be that contestant’s identification number and will be written on a sticker that the qualifier will wear. KZ106 personnel will place cans of Coca Cola on the contest table and each can will have a number that will correspond with each qualifiers number. KZ106 personnel will select the first can at random from the table and announce the number on the bottom of the can. The person holding that number is eliminated from the contest and much approach the contest table to randomly choose the next can. One by one, contestants whose numbers are selected will approach the contest table and eliminate the remaining contestants until only one (1) remains. The last can on the contest table represents the final contestant/Grand Prize Winner. Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
6. Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is: one (1) 6-person Sportsmans Tent, ARV$119.99; two(2) Sportsmans Camp Chairs, ARV $29.99/ea; ; two(2) Camp Cots, ARV: $84.99 ea; two(2) Teton sleeping bags, ARV: $64.99 ea; one (1) 2-burner stove, ARV: $139.99; two (2) Lews Rod Reel Combo, ARV: $69.99/ea; one (1) ABU Garcia Tackle Bag, ARV: $49.99; one (1)Spitfire 9 kayak (orange) ARV $379.99; one (1) Spitfire 9 kayak (blue) ARV $379.99; one (1) Vortex 10×42 Binoculars, ARV: $229.99; one (1) Northstar Propane lantern ARV $69.99; one (1) Arctic Cat Alterra 300 ATV, ARV: $4399.00;. ARV $6984.74. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
8. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize. By entering, each participant further agrees to receive marketing communications from the Station via any medium, known and unknown. Any participant who opts-out of these communication also remove himself/herself from the Contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
10. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
11. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
15. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Radio Corp., WSKZ, 821 Pineville Rd., Chattanooga TN 37421
PRIZE PROVIDER(S): Sportsman’s Warehouse, Griffith Cycle, Southern Hearth & Patio